NEW: After an overnight storm complex worked its way through the region ahead of an incoming cold front, the Brazos Valley was left with some decent rainfall totals in the rain gauge. In fact, this is our first decent soaking since Tropical Storm Beta moved through the region in September of 2020. Madisonville came in at 0.70″, with two weather watcher totals of 0.50″ in Western Madison County and 1.25″ in Southern Madison County. Here are a few other totals:
Burn Bans: Brazos, Lee, Grimes, Madison, San Jacinto, & Walker Counties! Current Watches, Warnings, & Advisories: None!
Forecast Discussion: Gusty, warm Tuesday across the Brazos Valley, as southerly wind shifted around, which in turn, fueled an overnight rain chance and brought warmer weather for a bit Tuesday. Our next cold front is sweeping the Brazos Valley from midnight through 5 AM Wednesday morning. A line of scattered showers, few thunderstorms have developed on the leading edge of that cooler wall of air. Overall, the severe threat is low, but a few storms could be on the stronger to severe side. Main concerns would be wind gusts between 30-40 mph, frequent lightning, thunder, and heavy downpours. Overall, this system is just providing our first decent soaking since Tropical Storm Beta in September, which is much-welcomed in the drought-stricken Brazos Valley.
Of course, our wacky forecast continues from a warm Tuesday to a much cooler, sunnier, and seasonable Wednesday, with afternoon highs in the upper 60’s to lower 70’s. Thanksgiving brings a chilly start in the lower 40’s before afternoon highs reach near 80° before clouds thicken late in the day, signaling another shift in the forecast. Our third (and next) major cold front slips into the region late Friday afternoon/evening, stirring another major storm chance. A round of widespread rain activity look likely from late Friday (80%) and possibly continuing into Saturday (70%). We’ll need to define the totals better, but 1.00″-3.00″ of rainfall is not out of the question, with higher localized totals.
5-Day Weather Outlook: Wednesday: High 66. Low 45. Mostly Sunny, Much Cooler. Thanksgiving: High 75. Low 63. Clouding. 20% Chance/Rain. Friday: High 73. Low 55. Stormy. 80% Chance/Rain. Saturday: High 63. Low 48. Stormy. 70% Chance/Rain. Sunday: High 59. Low 39. Partly Cloudy. 30% Chance/Rain.
Stay with Madison County, Texas Weather for the latest weather and tropical developments, including: current radars, watches, warnings, advisories, and severe weather coverage.
Madison County, Texas Weather has provided area-wide residents with the latest weather and tropical developments for Madison County, Texas, alongside other portions of the Brazos Valley since since October 12, 2012.
Madison County Texas Weather strives to provide area-wide viewers with the latest weather and tropical developments. In addition, MCTXWeather is there when severe weather strikes, bringing you the latest severe weather coverage, radars, watches, warnings, and advisories. Madison County, Texas Weather appreciates the local and area-wide support from it’s viewers on social media.
On Facebook viewers can find the latest details on daily forecasts, 48 hour outlooks, weather previews, watches, warnings, advisories, the tropics, severe weather, drought index’s, and more on our social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram, and our website.
Stay with us throughout the day, as we bring you the latest! Madison County, Texas Weather Letting Us Help Plan Your Day Since October 12, 2012!
NOTE: Madison County, Texas Weather is not affiliated to any local Madison County, Texas governmental agencies and has never claimed to be. The views or statements posted by Facebook users on our page do not necessarily represent those of Madison County, Texas Weather.
Negative comments will be subject to review and action(s) may be taken if comments seem to be threatening, liable, or hateful towards others. Madison County, Texas Weather serves the right to ban any person(s) from this page if viewers feel threatened or harmed. Please refrain from rude, vulgar, and hateful language/material. Thank you for your courtesy!
Madison County, Texas Weather Team Founder/Owner/Weather Forecaster: Coy Bailey II Area-Wide Weather Watchers: Angie Filoteo, Janice West, Julia Parten, & Nard Williamson Madison County, Texas Fire Watcher: Tammy Sapp Tropical Weather Watcher: Ben Chandler